These are the five must read stories for Wednesday, Aug 15. Keep yourself well-informed:
1. Senator I’ve-been-cleared may have hired the wrong campaign manager. Menendez campaign chairman lobbies for foreign governments, N.J. gas pipeline, other special interests by Jonathan D. Salant of NJ Advance Media.
2. One unlucky old man. A 74-year-old man in Hunterdon County became New Jersey’s first human case of West Nile virus infection this year by Nicole Leonard of the Press of Atlantic City.
3. Senate President Sweeney to talk sweeping changes in pension, property taxes, schools, and tolls with Gov. Murphy by Matt Arco of NJ Advance Media.
4. Times getting tough for Trump supporter Rep. Tom MacArthur by Jonathan D. Salant of NJ Advance Media.
5. Sports betting is big in NJ. New Jersey takes in $40.6 million in sports bets in July by Wayne Parry of the Associated Press.
That’s all folks. Weather is clear and 90 degrees in Paterson. Be cool.
Have a good day, New Jersey!