It’s Monday, Aug 13. These are the five stories you need to read to start your day informed.
1. Steve Sweeney is maximizing his power at Murphy’s expense. Is this Democrat (and not Phil Murphy) New Jersey’s strongest leader? by Matt Arco and Brent Johnson of NJ Advance Media.
2. Some pretty bad flooding in New Jersey following intense rainfall. “We got hit from one end to the other with flooded homes, cars, roadways blocked by debris,” Cedar Grove Police Lt. Frank Pumphrey said. Not since Hurricane Floyd in 1999 have we flooded like this, N.J. town says by Alexis Johnson – NJ Advance Media.
3. Our cartoon president invites over his biker friends. Some of them booed his friends in the media. President welcomes ‘Bikers for Trump’ to N.J. golf club for rain-soaked rally by The Associated Press.
4. Law called “stupid” by Chris Christie signed into law. New law makes recess mandatory at New Jersey elementary schools by ABC News.
5. Some more good news for South Jersey. Get ready for the Newton Lake dredging project in South Jersey by Kevin Riordan of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
That’s it for today. Weather is almost 79 degrees in Newark with 40-percent chance of rain.
Have a good day, New Jersey!