Here are the five stories you must read for the morning of Aug 10, 2018. The stories are reverse sorted by importance:
- Let’s merge to save money. The new plan calls to consolidate a total of 278 school districts serving 303 municipalities. Hundreds of N.J. school districts should be eliminated, experts say. Here’s the list by Stephen Stirling and Adam Clark of NJ Advance Media.
- Some good news from South Jersey. Atlantic City casinos employing 30,000 for first time in 4 years by David Danzis of Press of Atlantic City.
- The storm that was expected in Wayne is cancelled. Stormy Daniels cancels Lace appearance in Wayne over security by Jessica Remo of NJ Advance Media.
- Palisades Interstate Parkway Police chief Michael Coppola is accused of buying cocaine over the internet. Suspended chief of embattled police department accused of buying cocaine online by Noah Cohen of NJ Advance Media.
- Offended by thongs: Despite complaint, thongs still on in Ocean City by Sheri Berkery of the Cherry Hill Courier-Post.
That’s it for today. Weather is almost 90 degrees, but cooling is on the way during the weekend.
No fives on Saturday and Sunday. Check back Monday morning.
Have a good day, New Jersey!