These are the five key stories you have to read for Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018. Special press freedom heavy edition. Listed by importance:
- A 23-year-old woman attacked a reporter during a hearing in New Brunswick. Woman charged with attacking NJ.com reporter in courtroom by Thomas Moriarty of NJ Advance Media.
- The author of New Jersey pay-to-play laws dead at 90. Bill Schluter, former state senator who ran for governor, dies at 90 by Kevin Shea of NJ Advance Media.
- Newark hires 144 police recruits to replenish the department after layoffs by Robin Wilson-Glover of NJ Advance Media.
- Blow to transparency in New Jersey capital. Trenton council votes down resolution to live-stream future meetings by Penny Ray of The Trentonian.
- A win for the free press: New Jersey decides to subsidize journalists for local coverage by The Editorial Board of the WSJ.
That’s it for today. Check back tomorrow for another five important reads for New Jerseyans.
(Visited 1 times, 36 visits today)