Condoms, chickens and water guns: 11 N.J. school pranks that ended poorly
By Jeremy Schneider | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
School is almost out for summer, meaning graduation season is on the horizon — along with a lot of pranks. After a Roxbury High School student was arrested last week for driving a dirt bike through the hallways, we couldn’t help but think back on the worst pranks in recent New Jersey high school history.
After a dive into our archives, it’s obvious that New Jersey has a rich history of pranksters. From harmless and funny to dangerous and illegal, the stunts run the gamut. Here is a look at 11 New Jersey school pranks gone wrong.
It seems 30 North Hunterdon High School students really paid attention in sex ed. At their graduation in 1990, they each handed a school board member at the podium a packaged condom instead of going for a congratulatory handshake. In poor taste? Maybe. But hey, at least they’re promoting safe sex, right?
If you’re going to prank, at least be creative. Back in 1998, 12 David Brearley High School students had their diplomas withheld after rampaging through the school hallways hours before the graduation ceremony and overturning trash cans, spraying shaving cream and verbally abusing teachers. Two live chickens were let loose in the building as well. That’s not a prank, guys, that’s just being obnoxious. Students had to complete 20 hours of community service to get their diplomas.
Montgomery High School students got in touch with their farming roots in 1999, dumping a truckload of cow manure onto the school steps and raising a rotting deer carcass on the flagpole. C’mon, folks, let’s leave the animals out of this. Four students faced state wildlife charges in the deer incident.
Nerf, a 2016 National Toy Hall of Fame Finalist. Courtesy of The
Courtesy of The Strong, Rochester
Operation Nerf goes too far
You gotta give Pascack Hills High School students credit for creativity, but this one went too far. “Operation Nerf” in 2000 included 5,500 rubber balls being dumped into the school hallways, but then students also released crickets, rats and mice while pulling the fire alarm. The stress of the event sent the school principal to the hospital with a heart attack. He survived, but this is the biggest example of pranks going wrong.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)
SEE FULL STORY AT THE SOURCE
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)