Hot plate, heater likely caused fire that killed 68-year-old

The victim of the house fire in Kenilworth Monday night has been identified as 68-year-old Emma Gordon, according to Kenilworth police.

Gordon’s autopsy report revealed she died of smoke inhalation, Sgt. Jim Grady of the Kenilworth police department confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

The fire is believed to have been started accidentally by a hot plate falling on top of a space heater, police said.

Gordon, originally from Essex County, had lived in the home for less than a year, Grady said. …read more

Source: Union

(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)

Site Footer

Sliding Sidebar