Commercial garage in Jersey City suffers major damage in three-alarm fire

JERSEY CITY — A three-alarm blaze started by an acetylene torch caused extensive damage to commercial garage on Center Street in Jersey City Thursday afternoon, city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said.

A worker was using the torch to weld the frame of a jitney bus just before 4:30 p.m., accidentally starting the fire, officials believe. There were no injuries reported, but the pesky fire was not brought under control until 6 p.m., Morrill said.

The blaze went to three alarms, but was contained to the one-story structure, Morrill said.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

…read more

Source: Hudson

(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)

Site Footer

Sliding Sidebar