Blaze that gutted hotel caused by overheated refrigerator coil

SOUTH BRUNSWICK — The fire that gutted a Best Western hotel Sunday has been ruled accidental after authorities determined an overheated refrigerator coil started the blaze, police said.

The two-alarm fire caused substantial damage at the hotel on Route 1 leaving in uninhabitable for the foreseeable future, police said. The overheated refrigerator coil caused the carpet to catch fire, police said Tuesday in a statement on Twitter.

Guests in all 50 rooms were relocated. Two of the 60 firefighters who battled the blaze were hospitalized for heat exhaustion, police said.

A video shot by a passerby showed flames and smoke coming from …read more

Source: NJ.com Middlesex

(Visited 6 times, 2 visits today)

Popular Posts