Fire caused by charging hoverboard breaks out at family's new home

ASBURY PARK A charging hoverboard caught fire inside a home Wednesday, just a few days after the new owners moved in, WABC 7 reported.

Sherrice Lyles told the station she readying the hoverboard as a surprise for one of her four children and had it plugged in for about 10 minutes when a smoke alarm went off.  She used a fire extinguisher to contain the flames until firefighters arrived, but the family still lost several possessions, including furniture, clothing and family mementos.

Several NJ colleges have banned hoverboards 

The Lyles family had moved into the home Saturday and …read more

Source: NJ.com Monmouth

(Visited 7 times, 2 visits today)

Popular Posts