Ammo explodes as firefighters battle stubborn blaze (VIDEO)

NUTLEY — Crews battled a stubborn fire at a Beech Street home that left two firefighters injured late Thursday, officials said.

When firefighters responded shortly before 10 p.m., they heard ammunition stored inside the house popping from the heat of the blaze, according to Capt. David Hollywood of the Nutley Fire Department.

The flames started on the second floor and spread into the attic area, the captain added. Crews worked for about three hours to douse the blaze and track down fire in voids of the house.

“The guys did a great job,” Hollywood added. “It was a tough fire.”

One firefighter was hospitalized …read more

Source: NJ.com Essex

(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)

Popular Posts