Shore restaurant not liable for amputation from flesh-eating bacteria, judge rules

AVALON — A popular Jersey Shore restaurant can’t be held responsible for serving a woman raw shellfish that caused her to develop a flesh-eating bacteria that led doctors to amputate her leg, a judge has ruled.

Maureen Horan, of Pennsylvania, sued The Windrift Hotel and Resort, a beachfront vacation spot in Avalon, following an ordeal that began with a meal there on July 30, 2010, according to court records.

News of the judgement dismissing the lawsuit was first reported Monday by NJLAwJournal.com.

Two days after Horan ate three raw clams from the menu’s “Jersey Shore Sampler,” Horan was hospitalized with what doctors …read more

Source: NJ.com Cape May

(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)

Popular Posts