BRIDGEWATER — As snow began to fall on Bridgewater this afternoon, about 50 people huddled together under an overhang in Duke Island Park. One by one, they passed around a white candle and used it to light their own. Then they gathered in a circle, bowed their heads and stood in silence for 60 painful seconds.
The vigil, held in honor of 43-year-old Janaki Dantuluru, whom police say was strangled to death by her estranged husband last month, was not just a commemoration of her life. Organizers say they meant it to be a rallying cry, a call to all …read more
Source: NJ.com Middlesex
- Vintage photos of bars and watering holes in N.J.
- N.J. kids talk about how to make someone laugh
- Hunterdon is coming together for Community Day | Warr
- New heroin/opiate task force in Mercer County sets agenda
- Key findings on how Americans view the U.S. role in the world
- 3.8 billion reasons why airline fees aren't going away
- See which Salem County school district pays its teachers the most
Sorry. No data so far.