WESTAMPTON — A 17-year-old student in the Burlington County Special Services School District died this afternoon when he drowned in the school’s swimming pool, police said.
The student, whose name was not released, was participating in an aquatics class at the school when he drowned, the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office said in a news release.
The drowning happened just before 1 p.m. and authorities believe it was accidental, though the investigation is continuing, the prosecutor’s office said.
The district serves over 1,000 special needs students ages 3 through 21, according to the school’s website.
The Westampton Township Police Department is investigating the …read more
Source: NJ.com Burlington
- Volunteer firefighter accused of stealing from N.J. fire company
- It's going to be 20 degrees in N.J. and these people are going swimming
- Final beam placed on new college building in downtown Trenton
- N.J. town honors boss who got the roads plowed until his dying day
- Sen. Menendez has been busy working since his indictment | Political Insider
- A Black History Month appreciation of N.J. civil rights lawyer Raymond A. Brown | Opinion
- Jersey Journal front and back page news: Saturday, February 13, 2016
Sorry. No data so far.